Keith R. Rudzik (Partner)
P: 860-525-3101 x234
Keith Rudzik is admitted to practice in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Keith practices in the fields of civil and criminal litigation. He is currently a member of the American Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association, and the Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association.
Attorney Rudzik graduated with Honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law (2000), where he served as an executive editor of the Connecticut Law Review. He received his bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Criminal Justice from Westfield State College (MA). While at law school, Keith was a member of two intensive full year clinical programs, the Criminal Clinic and the Tax Clinic, through which he was able to represent criminal defendants, as a certified legal intern, and low income taxpayers, through a special certification by the Director of the Internal Revenue Service, in numerous criminal cases and IRS disputes, respectively. Keith also received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for the Federal Income Taxation of Partnerships and the Hartford County Federal Bar Foundation Award for Excellence in the Study of Federal Law.
Prior to joining Howard, Kohn, Sprague & Fitzgerald, LLP, Keith worked as a clerk in the civil caseflow office for the Hartford Superior Court. During law school, Keith helped research and write appellate briefs at Horton, Shields, & Cormier, P.C. Immediately after law school, Keith was employed at Chipman, Mazzucco, Land & Pennarola, LLC.
Keith resides in East Granby with his wife, Katie, and two children.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation (civil, criminal, and tax)
- Land Use and Planning
- Connecticut, 2001
- Massachusetts, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2002
- U.S. Tax Court, 2002
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2000, with honors
- Westfield State College (MA), B.S., 1996, cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Professional Ethics Committee
- Member, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Member, Hartford County Bar Association (current chair of Ethics Committee)